Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Anime Archive, December and Beyond!

Well we made it through a turkey-tastic November, with a heaping helping of new MST3K reviews and a couple of cheesy turkeys to boot. All in all it was a good time, but the real question is, what do I have lined up for December?

Well the first thing is a change to the way I store my reviews on this blog. Originally I was intending to keep all the animated material in one place, focusing on movies for the most part. But looking over the stats for this blog, I noticed I had more readers of my anime material, and even several folks searching for anime reviews for shows that came out in the 1990s. Hey, that's my specialty!

So to make things a bit clearer, I'll move the non-Japanese animated reviews into the Movie Index and change the Animated Movie Reviews into Anime Archive. Expect to see that change occur in early December.

I'll kick off the new section with three new anime reviews for the Tenchi Muyo movies. I hadn't watched a couple of these in many years and it was interesting to see how they held up. I'm also currently watching the first Tenchi television series Tenchi Universe. I don't think I'll be done by December, but  review should come out next year. 

In addition I'll be revisting some of my holiday MST3K reviews. I'll clean up the writing a bit, add some images and include a update with Cinematic Titanic's take on Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Looking ahead to next year, I have a few things planned.

I want to complete my examination of Satoshi Kon's work with a review of Paprika. I had planned on tackling a series of films all revolving around virtual reality this year, but could never get my act together. I'm hoping to get that rolling next year, with Paprika fitting that theme nicely.

Some of the most popular reviews on this site are for the James Bond films. So I'll continue tackling 007 next year, and even have some non-review related material about the series. I'll also revisit my older Bond reviews, clean them up a little and add some images. 

In the bizarre stats arena it seems that my reviews for the Muppet related movies is regularly reviewed, as are my Tarzan reviews. Who knew? So I'll probably fill in a few of the blanks in those series (only have a couple Tarzan flicks left).

As always expect more Mystery Science Theater 3000 reviews, as well as my Movie Music Musings. My Favorite Composer entries had quite a few clicks, and I've got a few more gentlemen I want to write about, including my absolute favorite.

On the anime side of things, I'll take a look at a few of the more popular shows and movies from the 1990s. I'm also thinking of covering the works of Hayao Miyazaki.

So thanks to all of you who have been reading, replying and providing feedback. I've been having a great time with this blog, and look forward to more fun next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment